Topic: Stats extension, Show count "Registered Today"

Hi,

is possible use the stats extension see users count Registered Today?

I have tested this but not working:

Registered Today: {stats:count="members",="1",cache_time=5,cache_name="empty", timeframe="day",="1"}

Any help is appreciated..

Re: Stats extension, Show count "Registered Today"

problem solved, thanks

What was the solution?

yea i should like to know that to big_smile

Registered Today: {stats:count="members",="1",timeframe="day",cache_time=1,cache_name="rt"}

Is it only the the ext.stats.php file that I have to put this code in? If so, where in the code do I place it? Thanks, sorry I am a beginner and this is my first time doing extensions.

no you should insert this code in homepage.tpl or header.tpl depends of there you need to show it !
or sidebar.tpl if you need it in your sidebar ... on my site I have it in sidebar.tpl

Last edited by gugu (2013-01-01 17:55:46)

I would like for it only to show on my control panel in the stats page under "Members", how would I do this? thank so much, nice website and Happy New Years!

Last edited by shortcircuit (2013-01-01 18:06:20)

I found this ...

Happy New Year ...

Last edited by gugu (2013-01-01 18:20:33)

thanks! I will try the link! I will let you know how it goes

Thanks gugu for your help that linked worked well! I had a related question that you fill find in that same link post you provided.

Last edited by shortcircuit (2013-01-01 21:12:32)

Hi Gugu, just in case it's too difficult to show the stats in the cp/stats or dashboard page, can you tell me how you added the stats to your sidebar? I'm using the socialtype template and I am following your previous link http://www.vldpersonals.com/forum/topic … tatistics/ and I have read the beginner guides you provided. I wanted it only to show for the admin so I added the following code to the very end of the file. When you say I have to create a new div and class, can I just make up any name? for the class in the css file, are you talking about the same sidebar.css file? Is that the only css file we have to change? no site.css or homepage.css right? Thanks so much for your help to this beginner.

<!-- IF session.group_id == "1" -->
<div class="statsadmin">
{stats:count="members",="1",timeframe="day",cache_time=1,groups="2",cache_name="rt"}
{stats:count="members",="1",timeframe="day",cache_time=1,groups="5",cache_name="rt"}
{stats:count="members",="1",timeframe="day",cache_time=1,groups="4",cache_name="rt"}
{stats:count="members",="1",timeframe="day",cache_time=1,groups="6",cache_name="rt"}
{stats:count="events",="1",timeframe="day",cache_time=1,cache_name="rt"}
</div>
<!-- ENDIF -->

Here is my sidebar.css code

/*stats admin*/

div#sidebar div.statsadmin {
                  padding: 5px 8px;
        margin: 0px;
        color: #222222;
        overflow: hidden;
        min-height: 15px;
        border-top: 1px solid #94afc4;
        font: bold 11px/14px arial, verdana, sans-serif;
        background: #ecf0f5; }

Last edited by shortcircuit (2013-01-02 04:25:34)

sidebar.tpl = sidebar.css

make new div and class is only if you need it styled on a different place in sidebar ...

You can use it as it is and insert the code in a existing div and make a <br /><br />

so it will be a little space between the existing div and your stats ...

but I think it will be great wink

Last edited by gugu (2013-01-02 09:48:33)

Thanks for your help gugu, there seems to be a problem because I am getting the same stats for different groups. How do you differentiate the stats for each group?

Here is my regular groups
{stats:count="members",="1",timeframe="day",cache_time=1,groups="2",cache_name="rt"}

Here is the paid group
{stats:count="members",="1",timeframe="day",cache_time=1,groups="5",cache_name="rt"}

Got it! it's group_id instead of groups!  I appreciate all of your help, thanks again!