Topic: 404 template, and page titles

Hi guys,

I have changed the title of my profile pages to make them more interesting to google. The problem is that the profile page is also the page shown in case of a 404. So if I try to open for example the url www.simplecupid.com/asdfasdf the page that opens has the following title:

<title>Dating profile of {member_username} from {profile_field_district_value}, London | SimpleCupid.com</title>

Can you help? Also where can I edit this page that at the moment only shows "Member was not found.", to make it a proper 404?

About the titles, any of you guys have a proper piece of code to make all the different pages and sections of the profile different in terms of title? At the moment I have only changed the profile title, and as we all know, google likes to see pages with different titles to index them. This is what I had by now:

<!-- IF active_module == "member_profile" -->
<title>Dating profile of {member_username} from {profile_field_district_value}, London | SimpleCupid.com</title>
<meta name="description" content="{settings.app_description}" />
<meta name="keywords" content="dating, dating site, {profile_field_district_value}, dating london" />
<!-- ELSE -->
<title>{settings.app_title} | {app_page}</title>
<meta name="keywords" content="{settings.app_keywords}" />
<!-- ENDIF -->

Thanks a lot, have a great weekend.

Re: 404 template, and page titles

Hi!
<!-- IF active_module == "member_profile" AND member_username -->
<meta name="keywords" content="dating, dating site, {profile_field_district_value}, dating london" />
<!-- ELSE -->
<title>{settings.app_title} | {app_page}</title>
<meta name="keywords" content="{settings.app_keywords}" />
<!-- ENDIF -->

Submit a ticket - and get fast and professional assistance with your vldPersonals website

Brilliant, worked to perfection!

it works but i get {profile_field_district_value} instead of location.

Last edited by reklamat (2009-06-08 22:00:51)

You have to use your own location variable name. Try {profile_field_city_value} instead.

Submit a ticket - and get fast and professional assistance with your vldPersonals website

You rock radioact. Thanks a lot.

Anyone knows whats the code to call the Interests: and Age: ???

Hi Folks,
I am getting this error:

"The requested URL /djdj was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

Looks like the code above is what I need, but on what page? Do I make a new one?
Thanks in advance.

"Any good thing ... that I can do or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again."

Email through http://www.astrodates.com/contactus/

That's because you don't have mod_rewrite enabled on your hosting.

I'm having a small problem with the city field. This code:

Dating profile of {member_username} from {profile_field_city_value}, Santa Fe | AstroDates.com

Prints this in the title:

Dating profile of "JOE SCHMOE" from {profile_field_city_value}, Santa Fe | AstroDates.com

I have somehow eliminated the city field from the registration page. I believe I could restore it by uploading an original file, if I knew which one.

What is the file that holds the city field for registration?

"Any good thing ... that I can do or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again."

Email through http://www.astrodates.com/contactus/

You have to set the field Load in public profile: Yes. And may be load in Account profile Yes.

ok i`m stuck
where exactly do you add that code ?

to what page?

to header template: header.tpl