Topic: Hot or Not - Next Image

UPDATE

I was studying hotornot.tpl and realized that after I made a rating it automatically goes to the next image. The code/link I provided you below refreshes the screen to go to the next image . After studying hotornot.tpl I found the code vlad uses to move to the next image after the image has been rated which seems faster than refreshing the screen -- I now recommend the following:

Instead of: <a href="javascript:location.reload(true)">Next Image</a>

Use: <a href="{picture_next_link}">Next Image</a>

NOTE: THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW THIS UPDATE MAY STILL BE USEFUL FOR COMPLETING THE MOD AND OTHER REFERENCE PURPOSES.

END OF UPDATE

When you use hot or not, there is no Next Image link if the member does not want to rate the image they are on. This was tested on version 2.5.3, but should work on any version since the added code is javascript.

Here is how to put a link for Next Image in hot or not template:

Open hotornot.tpl

Find:

<a href="{virtual_path}{member_profile_link}">{member_username}</a>

Before add:

<a href="javascript:location.reload(true)">Next Image</a>&nbsp;&nbsp;

(note: I now recommend using the updated code instead of using the javascript code to refresh your screen)

Together the whole code looks like this:

<a href="javascript:location.reload(true)">Next Image</a>&nbsp;&nbsp;<a href="{virtual_path}{member_profile_link}">{member_username}</a>

That's it.

Last edited by db3204 (2009-06-20 09:33:22)

Re: Hot or Not - Next Image

+ 1, For 2.5.2 works perfectly.

Great tip, Dan.
It will work with any vldPersonals version.

Submit a ticket - and get fast and professional assistance with your vldPersonals website

Note: see my edited first post above for an update

Thank you, db3204!

Can someone tell me how to add a previous button for Hot or Not?
I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Not sure what you are trying to accomplish, but it doesn't matter if you have a forward or previous button, the image will still be random.

Last edited by db3204 (2009-12-27 15:08:21)

And why would somebody need Previous link?

Submit a ticket - and get fast and professional assistance with your vldPersonals website