Topic: Last members city, and thumb.

Hi,

I would like custom my homepage.  I have default_red.

I have this:

<h3 class="members">{lang:"core","home_latest_members"}</h3>

<div class="block members">
        {members:limit=33,photos=1,cache_time=0,cache_name="new"}

this show latest members I want shows Members of a one city. Latest members of a city "paris" for example.

* And, other think, you know how and what file I have touch to get bigger THUMBAIL in homepage??

Thank you very much!

Re: Last members city, and thumb.

Search works

Hi, 

Thanks about "works" link.

I would like modified ext.new_members. I want it shows new members one city in homeplate. for example, new members of Paris.

<h3 class="members">{lang:"core","home_latest_members", "city=paris"}</h3>

¿? I dont know...

Thank you,

How about something like <h3 class="members">{lang:"core","home_latest_members"} from {session.profile_city}</h3>

Hi, Thank you,

But not shows members, only shows a title (all general last members).  I have show new members of a concrete city, a city I choose, BARCELONA.

<!-- INCLUDE header.tpl -->
<div class="homepage">

<h3 class="members">{lang:"core","home_latest_members"}</h3>

<div class="block members">
        {members:limit=10,photos=1,cache_time=0,cache_name="new", PROFILE_CITY="BARCELONA"}

i don't know... sad:(

Thank you!

Last edited by soporte41 (2009-06-18 12:09:45)

Hi,
I am trying to do the same thing. I have different content on the homepage.tpl file. During loggedin, I have a page that lists all the latest members. However, I want to display ONLY the members in the loggedin member's area. I have figured out the title goes as such:

<h3 class="members">{lang:"core","home_latest_members"} from {session.profile_location}</h3>

(Thankyou radioact.)

However, How do I include this in the listings? I.e, Only profiles displayed in the same location as logged in member's location??

I tried:
{members:limit=33,photos=1,cache_time=0,cache_name="new",member location="session.profile_location"}

No luck...  Anyone have any ideas please?

{members:limit=33,photos=1,cache_time=0,profile_location="session.profile_location"}

Hello Radioact,

Thanks for your reply. I pasted this exact code in and the page comes up blank. So I inserted
- cache_name="new" - in the tag which I noticed you left out, but I presume that would just source all the new members again. Then I tried profile location="session.profile_location (without underscore first) and same problem as first. Displays all locations rather than member one.

Enable debug in config.php and see why page become blank.
What is "location"? Do you have such field in CP->Custom fields with "location" label?
Is it drop-down or text box?

When you have cache_time="0" you don't need to set cache_name.

Hi Radioact,

When I say my page comes blank, I mean I still get the header and all the other detail, just the 'latest members' page does not display any latest members. Yet there are many in the logged in members location. And yes, I do have in cp custom fields the "location" label which is drop-down list because it appears in quicksearch box on homepage. hmmm

Drop-down, ok. Then:

{members:limit=33,photos=1,cache_time=0,profile_location=session.profile_location_id}

Radioact,

You never disappoint! wink

Hi radioact,

Thanks for your help, I figured it out. Is there any way to program new members of the opposite gender to the logged in gender, or if the loggedin gender is searching for "woman", it will display women in the latest members page? And perhaps if loggedin, it also displays "online now"?

Hey,
It's simple.
<!-- IF loggedin AND session.gender2 -->
{members:limit=33,photos=1,cache_time=0,profile_gender1=session.profile_gender2_id}
<!-- ENDIF -->

And edit your ext.members.tpl to show online status. Take code from member_sections_name.tpl

Hi radioact,

Thanks for your help. Your code isn't working. Possibly for 2 reasons -
I figured out the first tag should be: <!-- IF loggedin AND session.profile_gender2 -->
Also, I believe the 'profile_gender1' value is not working on my homepage template, after doing a test. I wonder what other variables I could use, or maybe a php coding solution?

Hello,
O yes, I mean session.profile_gender1
You have to test whether it shows you value after you logged in and you have to check {session.profile_gender1_id} value.

Thanks for quick reply,

Yes, my homepage template is recognising session.profile_gender1_id but its not recognising profile_gender1_id, that is, the non loggedin members gender.

Hi radioact,

I can't get the profile_gender1_id variable for all member profiles to work on my homepage template. Do you have any idea how i can make this work?